Monday, November 17, 2008

A Moment to Breath...

Oh my goodness! The school has been so crazy. I have been so busy with reading, lectures, projects, and learning about what God. Oh he is so good! I have recently done a Worldview project, an essay and a presentation, with two other girls, and we just finished last week. Our presentation was about the New Age Movement, and what it looks like in society today. It was a really fun project, and I learned so much! All week I learned about the different worldviews that people in our world have, and how different they are from the worldview that I grew up with. It is so easy to think that everyone else thinks the same you do, when in reality, everyone is brought up in drastically different environments, and where and who we are born around help shape who we are going to be in our lives. Learning where people come from, what they were taught helps us understand them as people, knowing why they have the thoughts they do, which ultimately produce the actions that they take. This week we are studying a video series by Francis Schaeffer called, "How Shall We Then Live?" Even after the first day, it has been great! I am learning so much, and God is really working on my heart and stretching my mind. I am stoked about what else he has to teach me!

I was reading "Celebration of Disciple" by Richard Foster today, and he was talking about the spiritual discipline of worship. "To worship is to experience Reality, to touch Life. It is to know, to feel, to experience the resurrected Christ in the midst of the gathered community. It is a breathtaking into the Shekinah of God, or better yet, being invaded by the Shekinah of God.*
* "Shekinah" means the glory or the radiance of God dwelling in the midst of his people. It denotes the immediate Presence of God as opposed to a God who is abstract or aloof." To be invaded by the glory and presence of God...nothing could be better!

No comments: